I watched a bit of a series about the five-star Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin, Ireland.
The staff are trained to pay attention to every. single. detail.
The work of running the Shelbourne Hotel is incredible. As I watched, I wondered how many of the guests are oblivious to the amount of work it takes to keep the hotel running at its best.
Each guest is navigating the details of their individual circumstances, so, some of the Shelbourne Hotel details will be missed.
And, then . . .
Once again . . . I realized how easy it is to miss the wonder of the details of life . . . as I contend with my immediate circumstances.
The thing is . . .
More can be seen by taking time to step back and ask, “What am I missing? What more does God have for me to see?”
Taking a deep look is a key element of our soul-growth.
Because . . .
When we look deeper, more amazing details of the gift of life are seen. It’s a process to see more. It’s surprising when we take another look to see the amazing details of life in the “now” of our life. Even so, the typical human response is to go to our default and see less details of the wonder and more of the stuff which must be navigated to make it through.
Of course, we all have things like bitterness, hurt, worry, anxiety, stress, and fear which block our view. These things require inner work in order to clear the way to see more. We are able to let go of these things . . . as we work through it all . . . which in itself changes our view.
What details have been missed today?
Look deep. See the wonder of each detail of life. Keep looking. There’s always more.
Sunday Soul Work:
- Sunday Soul Work: Shift
- Sunday Soul Work: Come To The Table
- Sunday Soul Work: Mindful
- Sunday Soul Work: Having Done All . . . Stand
- Sunday Soul Work: Surprise!
- Sunday Soul Work: X-Factor
- Sunday Soul Work: It Is Well
- Sunday Soul Work: Wonder
- Sunday Soul Work: St. Patrick’s Day
- Sunday Soul Work: Who I Am
- Sunday Soul Work: Only Believe
- Sunday Soul Work: Wilderness Strong
- Sunday Soul Work: Holy Week
- Sunday Soul Work: Fulfillment Now
- Sunday Soul WorK; Your Assignment
- Sunday Soul Work: Grief At The Table . . . Rachel Held Evans
- Sunday Soul Work: Letter To Mom
- Sunday Soul Work: The Best Moments
- Sunday Soul Work: Hindsight Learning
- Sunday Soul Work: Look Deep