Note: I have learned, studied, and experienced grace. Even so, I will never be able to adequately express and explain grace. One thing for sure: Grace is amazing.
Nothing is ever ordinary when grace is involved.
Grace takes us beyond the edges.
Grace never shoves down but, rather, always lifts up.
Grace shines light, revealing it’s always enough.
Grace comes as God’s invitation to be received and experienced with our “yes.” Even so, sometimes we reduce the reality of grace to what is seen and felt.
Grace is beyond the borders of education, medicine, law, politics, and even religion.
Think on the words written down centuries ago: “My grace is sufficient for you” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV).
The two-letter word “is” continues to deserve our attention. This small word is huge, revealing the sufficiency of grace is ongoing . . . unstoppable . . . and continual. Let this truth of grace go deep in the soul: Grace is a gift of transforming-power to do what we can’t do on our own.
Grace is as close as the breath within us.
Grace is always at work in, through, and around us.
Grace is eternally sufficient.
It’s worth mentioning that grace is not magic, but is miraculous as it works within us to process life as we become who we are to be and do what is ours to do. One evening, on our way home after a long day, I needed a word of encouragement. I looked up and saw the beauty of the sky.
The picture became my reminder: “You have my grace.”
Grace comes in the darkness as well as in the light.
There are days when it seems like grace is far away and nobody or nothing can pull us out of the pit of despair.
It really is possible to experience grace in the most impossible moments of life. Grace comes quietly with the presence of understanding, compassion, and above all, love.
Grace gives us the strength to go beyond like the wings of eagles.
It’s possible to experience the strength of grace when you least expect it. Sometimes grace will come swooping in and change the most ordinary day; however, grace often appears as a companion walking by our side through it all. Grace always changes our story.
Grace is . . .
Sunday Soul Work:
- Sunday Soul Work: Shift
- Sunday Soul Work: Come To The Table
- Sunday Soul Work: Mindful
- Sunday Soul Work: Having Done All . . . Stand
- Sunday Soul Work: Surprise!
- Sunday Soul Work: X-Factor
- Sunday Soul Work: It Is Well
- Sunday Soul Work: Wonder
- Sunday Soul Work: St. Patrick’s Day
- Sunday Soul Work: Who I Am
- Sunday Soul Work: Only Believe
- Sunday Soul Work: Wilderness Strong
- Sunday Soul Work: Holy Week
- Sunday Soul Work: Fulfillment Now
- Sunday Soul WorK; Your Assignment
- Sunday Soul Work: Grief At The Table . . . Rachel Held Evans
- Sunday Soul Work: Letter To Mom
- Sunday Soul Work: The Best Moments
- Sunday Soul Work: Hindsight Learning
- Sunday Soul Work: Look Deep
- Sunday Soul Work: Grace Is