Monday is our day to ramp it up and renew an element of living. We recommend this practice for individuals, couples, and families as well as organizations. This practice serves who we are and what we do.
This week our conversation centered on how to take one step at a time to accomplish what’s ours to do.
We are determined to take each step with gratitude and grace:
- Consistently pause throughout the day and take a breath.
- Acknowledge the presence and work of God.
- See the gift of the day with gratitude.
- Making space for grace with understanding and compassion.
These three steps are crucial for individuals, couples, families and organizations:
1. Step Back
First things first . . . step back and review where you have been and where you are . . . to determine what needs to be done to do what’s yours to do. It’s best to look at the reality of the past and present as a lesson for what to do next, rather than taking on regret. The thing is . . . regret . . . leads nowhere. Learning is liberating.
The big question: “How is this serving you?”
2. Step Up
Get back at it. Focus on the purpose of what you are doing and where you are going: Align. Assimilate. Activate.
- Align with your purpose and mission again . . . reposition yourselves . . . remembering who you are and what you are doing.
- Assimilate your purpose and mission by fully engaging with it rather than giving your energy and effort to the circumstances of the moment.
- Activate your purpose and mission by operating at the highest level rather than slacking off because of all that must be navigated.
3. Step Forward
Pick up the pace first thing in the morning. Start with a a fresh perspective and anticipation of more by exercising the mind with the truth of positivity and possibilities. The thing is . . . negativity is a key element . . . of a victim mentality and life-style. Our motivation to step forward is based on believing the best.
Make it a great Monday!
There’s always more on Monday–Joshua & Kerrie
Joshua & Kerrie
Joshua & Kerrie are pastors, entrepreneurs, and co-developers of TableThink.
Joshua & Kerrie are in different seasons of life. Joshua is in his first half of life; Kerrie is in her second. Generational wisdom is a key piece of their best conversations with growth and contribution in the forefront.
Joshua is in the beginning years of his marriage with his wife, Louise. Kerrie and her husband, Gregg, have been married for 42 years and have three children, two son-in-laws, and six grandchildren. Joshua was born and raised in Arkansas. He now lives in Oregon but says his Southern ways are ingrained within him. Kerrie has always lived in the Pacific Northwest and loves everything about it, including rainy days. Joshua has a passion for technology; he founded and oversees Joshua Lindley Consulting. Kerrie’s passion for serving people led her to becoming a registered nurse for a season, public speaking, and blogging.
Joshua & Kerrie invite everyone to take a seat at the table, ready and excited to learn from one another. They are passionate about what TableThink can be as they invest in the work with inspiration and innovation. You are always welcome at TableThink’s virtual table. You can connect with them by emailing: [email protected]
- Monday Musings With Joshua and Kerrie
- Monday Musings With Joshua and Kerrie (1-14-19)
- Monday Musings With Joshua and Kerrie (1.21.19)
- Monday Musings With Joshua and Kerrie (Check-In)
- Monday Musings With Joshua and Kerrie (Mental Acuity And Strength)
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Growth
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Crucial
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Momentum
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Self-Discipline
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Differences
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Invested
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . The Win
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Great Days
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Innovative Design
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Value First
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . Thinking
- It’s Monday With Joshua and Kerrie . . . More
- It’s Monday With Joshua & Kerrie . . . One Step At A Time